Monday, November 15, 2010

Announcing Thanksgiving Contest Winners

Drumroll, please. I have an important announcement ...

Let me back up.  In case you didn't hear my new book, ROCKY ROAD, was featured recently on KidsBuzz, a terrific newsletter that goes out to readers, teachers, and librarians. In the spirit of the season, I wanted to show my appreciation to readers, so I offered a raffle for a randomly selected autographed copy of ROCKY ROAD and a gift certificate to Ben & Jerry's. (In case somebody out there has been living under a rock and hasn't heard of Ben & Jerry's, it is a fun company that makes outrageously delicious ice cream and has chain stores across the USA. Gotta love those funky cows in the corporate logo.)
 In entering the contest, readers had to share what ice cream flavor was their favorite and how that flavor represented their personality.

Wow, did I hear from interesting readers who say they embody the spirit of ice cream! Chocolate lovers, moose track fans, strawberry cheesecake, I heard from them all -- even a girl from Orlando, Florida who, like Gabby in ROCKY ROAD, loves sorbet. One fifth-grade boy from Wisconsin said that pumpkin ice cream had spice and flavor just like him. Someone from Arizona said he eats jalapeno ice cream (pass the water!)

The responses (like the ice cream they love) were so rich and satisfying that I decided to select two winners. And here's where it gets coincidental because they were both named Emily. (No, this was not a rigged contest. You have my word, reader friends.)

Congrats to Emily Turner and Emily Guo. You will each have a signed copy of ROCKY ROAD and a gift certificate to Ben & Jerry's at your house sooner -- probably sooner than I will have everything I need to cook the Thanksgiving turkey.

And during this month of Thanksgiving,  thanks to all my terrific readers. I am grateful that you are out there reading books and rockin' your lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment