Friday, April 26, 2013

Books Served With Food, Food Served With Books



Do you like to snack while you read?  
I sure do. 
Tea & cookies, a banana, or
chips & salsa is usually nearby when I sink
 my teeth into a juicy book.

Food is present in my novels too, as the titles KIMCHI & CALAMARI and
 ROCKY ROAD suggest. As an author, food helps me “tattletale” about
 my characters. I guess I'm influenced by the years I spent working for a food
 company. There I learned how food gives insight to people’s lives.

 You are what you eat, so they say.

 Just as important, though, is how we eat, who prepares our food and eats with us, and the traditions we associate with foods. It’s for this reason that I often set dialogue between my characters over a meal.

I’m not alone. Other authors have a foodie connection to their 
stories as well. Here’s a list of books that serve up food :

http://www.jsonline.com/features/food/foodcentric-books-for-clubs-to-share-0f9d9nq-202798351.html

 Three cheers for tasty books and interesting food!

No comments:

Post a Comment